Hudson River Cruises
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
$ 35.00 per Person
10:00 a.m. Bus Reports to load.
10:15 a.m. Depart Greenfield Seniors; Stop enroute if desired.
1:00 p.m. Group is on own for lunch and shopping.
2:00 p.m. Arrive at Hudson River Cruises- Bring your camera.
2:30 p.m. Boat departs -2-hour sightseeing tour. Relax and enjoy a clear view of historic Hudson River lighthouses, waterfront mansions, and other notable locations on this Sightseeing Cruise, from the decks of the Rip Van Winkle II. The lightly narrated tour shows you some of the region's most unique and fascinating locations on the Hudson River waterfront! You will learn about:
• Hudson River lighthouses including the Rondout Lighthouse and the Esopus Meadows Lighthouse
• The Wyndcliff Mansion, at one time one of the most opulent and ext r avagant homes on the east shore of the Hudson.
• The "Dinsmore," built in 1936 for Mr . and Mrs. Lytell Hull
• Wilderstein, a restored Victorian mansion that originally was an Italian Villa design
• The benchmark of Victorian opulence: The Vanderbilt Mansion· The Col. Oliver Hazard Payne Mansion, one of the Hudson River Valley's most architecturally and historically significant estates, is the home of Marist College's Raymond A. Rich Leadership Institute.
• The Rosemont: originally known as the "Tank & Tummy" tavern when it opened in the Hudson River Valley in 1740 .
• Staatsburg: formerly the home of Ogden Mills, has 65 rooms and 14 bathrooms, with an interior rich marble fireplaces, oak paneling, and gilded ceilings. Other highlights of your Hudson River sightseeing cruise include the Kingston Rhinecliff Bridge that connects East Kingston with Rhinebeck, the Esopus Meadows , and the impressive Mt. St . Alphonsus seminary, a castle-like seminary.
4:30 p.m. Boat docks. Reboard bus. Short stop enroute, if desired.
7:00 p.m. Estimated return to Greenfield Center.
Please send Check payable to Greenfield Seniors Trips to Trina Steves 74 Main Street Queensbury, NY 12804 before July 22nd. Contact Sandie Ovitt for more information (518)-584-8943.
Policy: No outside food or beverage allowed.
What to Wear:
While the lower deck of the boat is enclosed, we suggest you dress according to the day's weather conditions. We recommend flat soled shoes or sneakers. Keep in mind that temperatures tend to drop on the water, so feel free to bring an extra layer.
Other Tips & Guidelines Please arrive 30 minutes early for check in and boarding as cruises leave promptly. Seating is on a first come first serve basis, so arrive early if you would like to sit in a particular area of the boat!
To observe social distancing:
• Guests over the age of 2 must wear a facial covering, we especially ask that you wear your mask while boarding, disembarking, and moving about the vessel. It is not possible to maintain social distancing at those times on a passenger vessel. We ask you to bring your own, but we will provide masks upon request if you need one.
• All crew members will wear facial masks. Please remember they are working in an outdoor environment. They will be allowed to remove the masks for break periods when they are safely socially distanced from guests and coworkers.
. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout your experience with us.
• Contactless transactions are enabled for ticket purchase, check-in, bar purchases and tipping.
• High-touch points of the vessels are sanitized between every sail we operate.
, Guests and Crew members will be turned away if they have apparent symptoms.
• Small Group PRIVATE CHARTER options are available on our sailing excursions and our smaller motor vessel the Charleston Lady.
Hudson River Cruises will be closely adhering to CDC guidelines. We will also follow specific guidance to our passenger vessel industry provided by the Passenger Vessel Association and the NY State.
Please also note that the guidelines we adopt may be changed over time. Guests will be required to comply with current guidelines at the time of sailing. *
Do I have to wear a mask the entire time?
Mask must be worn by guests as much as possible. We are especially asking for your cooperation while boarding, disembarking, and moving about the vessel You may remove your mask while seated to enjoy beverage. We ask you to stick with your general seating area and limit movement about the vessel to create maximum social distancing.
How much space is between me and the next person?
This will vary based on number of attendees. Please remember, capacity is reduced by 50%, and we have arranged chairs in groups of 2 with 6 feet in between the groups. We are asking guests to limit their movement about the vessel, and guests must wear face masks at times when social distancing is not possible. A condition of boarding is willingness to abide by the social distancing guidelines.
NUNSENSE THE MUSICAL
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2021
SILVER BIRCHES, HAWLEY, PA
6:45 a.m. Bus arrives at Greenfield Town Hall to load.
7:00 a.m. Depart; Stop enroute 1/2 hour.
10:30 a.m. Arrive Silver Birches. Coffee and Apple Streusel Cake. Artisan jewelry, gifts and local specialty food available.
11:30 a.m. Family Style Meal: Tomato Juice, Broccoli Salad, House Baked Bread, Roast Turkey with Chef's House made stuffing; Herb encrusted Top round of Beef with Sautéed Pearl Onions, Penne Pesto, Season Fresh Vegetables, and Raspberry Cheesecake.
1:30 p.m. “Nunsense the Musical" Live on stage by Tonylou Productions. Nunsense tells the store of The Little Sisters of Hoboken, who are putting on a musical variety show to raise money to bury four sisters. Fifty-two nuns in their order were accidently poisoned by the cook. Sister Julia, Child of God, and the last four are in cold storage awaiting money for a decent burial. The live nuns, sing, dance and joke their way through the show, which is filled with comic surprises. First staged in 1986, Nunsense became the sensation off-Broadway and has spawned four spin-offs and has been translated in to 21 languages!
3:30 p.m. Snack Before departure; Stop enroute if desired.
7:00 p.m. Estimated arrival back at Greenfield Town Hall.
$47.00 per person which is due July 22nd
Please call Trina at (518)-793-2919 for Payment Information
For More Information Contact Sandie Ovitt (518)-584-8943
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2021
7:15 a.m. Bus reports to Greenfield Town Hall load.
7:30 a.m. Depart Greenfield Seniors; Stop enroute if desired.
10:30 a.m. Arrive Shelburne Museum.
Shelburne Museum is a museum of art, design, and Americana located in Shelburne, Vermont. Over 150,000 works are exhibited in 39 exhibition buildings, 25 of which are historic and were relocated to the Museum grounds. It is located on 45 acres near Lake Champlain. Fans of history and art will appreciate the special exhibitions and historic collections. Outdoor lovers will enjoy a day spent exploring our extensive grounds and gardens. Families will adore the circus displays, the steamboat Ticonderoga, and our hands-on activities and demonstrations. With our year-round shop and seasonal shuttle bus and cafe. Each person will receive a $15.00 meal voucher. You can visit the cafe at your leisure and have lunch. The vouchers do not give change so if you spend $10.00 you do not get $5.00 back, if you go over $15.00 you have to pay the difference. The Museum Cafe serves up delicious fare, including grilled items, grab-and-go treats, and refreshing beverages. Cafe is available 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3:15 p.m. Bus is available to load.
3:30 p.m. Bus will depart museum. Stop enroute if desired.
6:30 p.m. Estimated return to Greenfield Seniors.
$37.00 per person which is due September 9th
Please call Trina for Payment Information (518) 793-2919
For More Information Contact Sandie Ovitt (518)-584-8943
Tribute to Dolly Parton & Kenny Rodgers
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Villa Roma Callicoon NY
7:15 am Bus arrives at Greenfield Town Hall to load for Villa Roma
7:30 am Quick stop enroute 1/ 2 hour
11:00 am Arrive Villa Roma
12:00 pm Lunch in the Main Dining Room Menu consists of:
Appetizer: Fruit Cup & Chicken Noodle Soup
Entree Choices: Please choose at time of reservation Roast Loin of Pork,Chicken Parmigiana over Linguini or Flounder Francaise
All served with Chef's choice Starch & Vegetable
Dessert: Chef's Surprise Coffee, Tea & Decaf
Carafe of Red & White Wine
1 :45 pm Matinee Show starring Becca Buongiorno & Tim Sells "Tribute to Dolly Parton Kenny Rogers"
Complete schedule of Daytime Activities available. Indoor sports complex with bocce, shuffleboard, Ping pong, table and video games
3:30 pm Depart Villa Roma for home. Comfort /snack stop enroute
7:30 pm Estimated arrival at Greenfield Town
$56. 00 per person which is due October 14th
Make Checks Payable to Greenfield Seniors Trips
For More information contact Sandie Ovitt (518)-584-8942